Wednesday 2 April 2014

Stones, Style and Food

The view from our (Spa) Hotel's Balcony. I can gladly recommend : Locanda di San Martino (Hotel e Thermae Romane nei Sassi di Matera).



I go crazy for rustic old, colorful doors.

And here's our little dog lover. Where ever you go with Luna Lisa, you must be prepared for running after every single cat and dog that come across your way. Playing with a dog makes her day.

Spring is for sure the best period for visiting. Oh so green and fresh.

Look at the rocks on top of the houses. The whole town is dug into the rock...

Un aperitivo indimenticabile. Unforgettable indeed...

Luna is getting creative while mummy is having a brake. Can you see the belly ? (Only a couple of months left, oh dear oh dear)

 Here's our Hotel room. We finally had to hide the telephone from the room (kindly advised by the staff, thanks for not getting angry and always being so friendly)...Here you can see the typical Pugliese interiors, not bad huh ?


In my last post I mentioned about a birthday of M coming up and like on many other birthdays my dear M (man of my taste) wanted to make a little trip and spend time together with his family. 
For the time I've lived in Puglia, I've always wanted to visit Matera and it's stunning old town dug into the calcarentic rock. People of Matera are especially proud for their fantastic bread and even if I'm not a big bread eater for these two days I couldn't stop eating it. In Bari we mainly eat seafood, whereas in Matera you'll find much more meat dishes. This is simply because Matera is situated in the inland, about 70 km from the capital of Puglia, Bari. 

The last photo is my present for M. I found this fascinating book at the local book store, where you can find B&B, hotels and farmhouses all over the Italy and some in France. The price of the book includes 2 nights with a breakfast for two person in any of the listed places in the book.
Now, I've seen there were a couple of places from Matera in the book and I certainly wouldn't mind returning and exploring this beautiful town in depth. The owner of the book will decide of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment